This is one of those things that has been in the sewing queue for a while, so I thought I'd make an effort and actually make it!
I'll apologise now for this not so great photo. It's getting too dark now to take photos outside when I get home from work, and I don't seem to get around to it at the weekend. So we'll have to make do with these photos with weird shadows taken in my kitchen. The two-tone wall behind me is from the work I got done in my house in September. The bottom bit got re-plastered, so let's see how long it takes to get painted... Feel free to admire my lovely new kitchen floor though!
There's not much to say about it's construction as it's basically the same as my Poppies Shirt Dress and Tartan Shirt Dress (gosh, I love that dress!!). The skirt is my half circle skirt as on the tartan dress, but I only made the placket to the waist, and put a zip in the side seam. I used my own how-do on adding a zip with a pocket, and was delighted to find that it made sense!
The fabric is some cotton sateen from Minerva Crafts. I've also used this in red for my Arielle Skirt and Annalotte Dress.
The buttons are lovely, they have a silvery background and a black flower design on top. I got them in Sew N Sew in Belfast; I can't remember how much they cost, but they were as cheap as chips, because everything is that shop.
And that's pretty much it about this dress, but I am very excited about my next make which is all finished except for the buttons. It's a wool cape, and if you follow me on Instagram you will have seen a few progress photos. I'm just waiting for the Postie to bring me the buttons, and then I'll be ready to go!