My All Seasons Cardi is finished. I had taken an "in progress" photo of me wearing it without the sleeves, but the curse of modern technology struck me again!! I stupidly forgot to take the camera memory card out of the computer the last time I was up-loading photos. So when I took the "in progress" photos, they saved to the camera memory. And now I can't find the cable to connect the camera to the computer - in fact, I seriously doubt I had said cable in the first place!!
And they were good photos too! So unfortunatley I'll have to make do with these ones I took this afternoon. Please bear in mind that it needs washed and blocked. I pinned my washed swatch to the dress form: I don't know how easy it is to see in the photos, but the stitches definately look more even once this yarn is washed.
I used about two and a half skeins of Four Seasons Grundl Hot Socks sock yarn. I didn't do the four rows of garter stitch at the bottom because I felt it was long enough on me. My thinking was that it wouldn't curl because I did a half-treble stitch crochet edge - turns out I was wrong! Maybe it will block out, but it's not the end of the world.
I did manage to sort out my issue with the mobile thing on my blog. Turns out I was on the right lines. Here's what I did:
- Go to Template
- click on Mobile
- click on Yes
- click on Default
- select Default from the drop-down menu.
What threw me was that when I initally looked at Default, it showed my blog, but with a red background. I had to click on the drop-down menu, and click on Default again to show my blog background. Now I just need to work out how to change the time on my ipod!!
I have received The Versatile Blogger award from Shirley at Squirrels Knitting Conquests! Thank you Shirley! You may recall I also received The Liebster Blog award from Knitting Nix back in January. I blush as I type this, but I forgot about nominating blogs for it, so I'm going to do both at once.
The Versatile Blogger:
1. Thank the person who gave you this award.
2. Include a link to their blog.
3. Select 15 blogs that you've recently discovered or follow regularly.
4. Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
5. Tell the person who nominated you seven things about yourself.
The Liebster Blog Award:
You link to the blog that nominated you. Then you choose 5 blogs of your choice to pass the award on to. These blogs have to have less than 200 followers to be eligible for the Liebster Blog Award. Share a link to your chosen blogs and lastly, but not least, display the Liebster Blog Award button on your blog.
I'm going to mix them up and select five blogs (because I can't think of 15):
all three have recently been crocheting the most beautiful blankets, and have inspired me to start a big crochet project.
has recently writted some posts about Pinterest which I found really interesting, and her crocheting is fab.
sews the most beautiful things.
As for seven things about myself; I don't know if I can manage seven, but I'll try:
1. Thanks to my lovely friend in work, I am a recent convert to the early works of David Bowie. I recall from the early 80s onwards, but the 70s stuff is a blur. My current favourites are Diamond Dogs and Young Americans.
2. My sister is my twin, she's older by five minutes, apparently we're not identical (but I disagree), and Mum didn't know she was having twins until a week before we were born.
3. I like cars, and used to have a Mini Cooper, and would still have it if I had my way! Oh, how I loved that car! I sold it a while after I got married because it wasn't very practical, and Mr BB only had a motorbike then. It was a proper Mini, not one of those new pretenders! It was white with a black roof, black stripes, and spot lights on the front. It had a 1.3 litre fuel injected engine, and went like a rocket! Sadly it didn't have a walnut dashboard; that was only available on the Cooper S, and I couldn't afford one of those.
4. My Dad had a red Mini when we were born, and I once asked him if that was the first car I was ever in, but he said he recalled bringing us home from the hospital in Granda's Triumph Herald. That was another great car, and I remember it well. It was red, with a walnut dashboard and red vinyl seats that your legs stuck to on a hot day.
5. The song currently going around my head is Go Your Own Way by Fleetwood Mac; this could be because I've been listening to Rumours all week in my car.
Umm: I can't think of anything else, but if you got to the bottom of all that, you're doing well!
Have a good week,