I just finished it about half an hour ago, and for a first attempt, I'm pretty pleased with it. I got a bit stuck when I had finished the gusset. I thought the SSK decreases looked too big, and I had one more stitch than I should have. But the lovely ladies on the Phoenix Forum helped me out. Turns out the SSK always looks bigger, and I just did one more decrease to get the right number of stitches. The heel is a bit big, and I probably could have done it a size smaller, but it's a learning curve. I think I might (just a tiny bit), be seeing the appeal of sock knitting!
Cardigan (of doom)
I have finished the bottom of the body (again!), and tonight I'm going to make a start on the button band. I think I'm going to have to frog the whole collar. It just seems a bit too big all over for my wee shoulders. I'm going to try it with less stitches.